Thursday, August 17, 2006

I am officially in the ADN program!

Back in April I posted that I received my acceptance letter to the ADN program for Nursing. Well today, it is official. I am in the ADN program. My major is now Associates Degree in Nursing. And I have registered for my 1st nursing class. I have purchased all my books and my stethoscope and blood pressure gauge. I have had my physical ($600 later) and I have most of my immunizations. For some reason the only thing I am not immune to is MEASLES!!!! So I will probably have to have a measles vaccination very soon. I still have to purchase my nursing shoes and scrub pants & the official Athens Tech nursing program shirts & vest to complete my ensemble.

I am really excited about classes starting. I have mixed emotions about clinicals. They start in October and I am SCARED, NERVOUS, and EXCITED about them. I still have to finish the 3 textbooks that we are supposed to self-teach during the summer. The Medical Terminology and Math for Meds are both interesting as they have software to practice on, but the Diet and Nutrition Therapy is boring and depressing because junk food tastes so GOOD.

No comments: