Sunday, August 10, 2008

I am engaged!

During the altar call of this morning's worship service, Scott Ellis walked me down to the altar. There in front of about 1,800 people he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said YES. We then knelt and prayed. I was very shocked that he proposed like that, but it seems so appropriate.

I have a very beautiful 1 carat princess (square) cut diamond set in a platinum band. As beautiful as it is, it still pales in comparison to the love that Scott and I share.

Scott is a wonderful man and has blessed my girls with a very special event yesterday. Scott took my girls to "lunch" yesterday. Part of this "lunch" was the opportunity to help him pick out my ring. The girls got educated on diamonds and had a great time being involved in our engagement.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Congratulations!

Erin said...

Yay! Congratulations, that is awesome!