Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The girls are closing in on the end of their 1st grading period for the year. They are very excited about getting their report cards. They think the best thing about report cards is that they are closer to the end of school. It must be that "1 down ONLY 3 more to go" thought process. I have been tracking the girls AR (Accelerated Reading) points at home. The girls are constantly asking how many points they both have. Today Amber passed her sister in AR points. This is a VERY BIG DEAL. Alyssa has always led in points because she loves to read so much. Last year Amber only read when you made her. This year Amber has made AR a competition between Alyssa and herself. I still haven't decided if Alyssa is also treating AR as a competition. I say, "What ever works to get them reading."

I have gone to orientation for my school. I have also registered for my classes. I am taking 3 classes (which is 15 credit hours): Anatomy & Physiology I, College Algebra, and Public Speaking. Because students have to get special permission to take more than 19 credit hours I could not take a fourth class. All the classes I have to take are 5 credit hour classes. My current degree is an Associates Degree in Health Science. Once I have been accepted in to the nursing program my degree will be an Associates Degree in Nursing. I bought my books the other day for school. I only needed 3 textbooks and a school printed lab book which cost a fine penny. I still think that the books are the most expensive part of college (atleast at the junior/technical college level).

No comments: